Our 125 reef, currently

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2021
Messages
1,403
Reaction score
1,161
Location
Arkansas
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd update everyone on our mixed 125 reef. Wife and I both aren't very happy with it currently. We have an aiptasia outbreak at the moment that's getting away from us. We had a copperband that took them all out, but we of course lost it, and 2 more, so I'm thinking I'm done trying with those. Filefish nor peppermints have even looked at them. F-Aiptasia works, but I can't get every one and miss tons of them.

Also have what looks like brown algae forming on our (unsightly) equipment hanging in the tank.

Corals are doing decent. Phosphates I am just not being able to control. Fish are all doing wonderful.

Lights are 4x Current USA R24 52w, and 2x of the R24 95w.

IMG_20230201_213955_962.jpg
20230202_180850.jpg
20230202_180857.jpg
20230202_180910.jpg
20230202_180937.jpg
20230202_180951.jpg
20230202_180957.jpg
20230202_181002.jpg
20230202_181008.jpg
20230202_181018.jpg
 
Tank looks incredible!!!
 
Wife got some much better pictures today!

received_5824577260992886.jpeg
received_861786915122451.jpeg
received_1169751543905730.jpeg
received_958362095149962.jpeg
received_903175744261003.jpeg
received_1192515671637016.jpeg
received_583551389989081.jpeg
received_524723152980873.jpeg
received_2212904178909913.jpeg
 
Our leopard wrasse finally showed itself!

received_754974369049490.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new