Our new Koi Tang!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

KEEPERZ

TOTM March 08'
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice fish Victor, anyone remember Sedar's albino-yum-:tongue:-
albinotang.jpg

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just wonder what causes yellow tangs to do this
is it really a genetic defect?
very interesting, and it doesnt seem like its detrimental to their health
maybe they just got spooked white?

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just wonder what causes yellow tangs to do this
is it really a genetic defect?
very interesting, and it doesnt seem like its detrimental to their health
maybe they just got spooked white?

They don't get spooked white... they don't turn white... it's been said at least 5 times already on this thread that it's a birth defect. It's similar to picasso clowns vs. ocellaris clowns, they're not going to change back they were born that way. That's like saying the only reason albino people are white is because they're scared or stressed and that eventually they will change back. on the other hand... fantastic looking fish!

nismo_32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey vic the one that has white and black is calleda calico tang, the yellow with white only is called a koi. beautiful fish. i was almost about to pull the trigger on that guy. but you guys beat me to it. you snooze you loose... LOL.... good luck with him.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any pics with the tang in your system?

BroncosZOA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not Similar

This is not similar to clownfish. These tangs are naturally occuring in the wild. Completely white clownfish will most likely not survive in the wild, because they feature too much of one color and dont blend in well.

Directly from ORA they acheive there fish through selective breeding. No one is making Koi Tangs, but someone is ORA is pairing up fish that have a genetic defect to get more with that defect. Which is why i think inbreeding is very prevelant in ORA's fish. That is why ORA has soo many fashonable fish, stubby heads, slack jaws, misbars, picasso, snowflakes and their newest abnormality platnium clowns.

Clownfish have these patterns for a reason, evolution/survival of the fittest. The patterns on clownfish correspond to the anemones they host in their ability to blend in.

If one pair produces two all white fish, they are selected (Selective Breeding) from the broodstock and paired up so they can produce offspring that are more then likely going to white.

Just like LE corals if people keep paying money they will keep producing these fish. Its basically a degredation of the gene pool. That is why ORA constant has new breeding pairs.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 13.3%
Back