Out of storage & back at it

Orangezuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
Back at it after a break from the hobby with to much going and a move. In fact just got a delivery from Bulk Reef Supply with my new sump & all sorts of goodies. I guess it's time to plumb the house for RO/DI and get all the rock I stored curing. Looking forward to talking with you and soaking up the knowledge/experience.

I plan on documenting the re-set of my 90gal corner. I probably would have changed tanks but it fits so perfect in our space. I've been thinking about all the things I would have done differently or better during this down time. Looked at a lot of others systems & learned a lot. I hoping to improve & work with a lot of my previous equipment with a few needed upgrades but mainly working to improve the equipment layout/implementation for the best solutions for husbandry, use, maintenance & upgrade-ability.

set up at the old house

1933329_4568991032413_70481249_o.jpg

OP
OP
Orangezuk

Orangezuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks JerSaint.
I've just started to think about the aquascape now that I've got my equip list & ideas sorted out. The back/sidewalls tapered back to front worked well b4 but didn't use the rule of 3rds well. Tying to work with that better this time. With some work I think it will create alot of different views along all the points in the room.

ReefNerd76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
Back at it after a break from the hobby with to much going and a move. In fact just got a delivery from Bulk Reef Supply with my new sump & all sorts of goodies. I guess it's time to plumb the house for RO/DI and get all the rock I stored curing. Looking forward to talking with you and soaking up the knowledge/experience.

I plan on documenting the re-set of my 90gal corner. I probably would have changed tanks but it fits so perfect in our space. I've been thinking about all the things I would have done differently or better during this down time. Looked at a lot of others systems & learned a lot. I hoping to improve & work with a lot of my previous equipment with a few needed upgrades but mainly working to improve the equipment layout/implementation for the best solutions for husbandry, use, maintenance & upgrade-ability.

set up at the old house

1933329_4568991032413_70481249_o.jpg
Awesome welcome back!

Alfrareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go for it man! The build part it's great [emoji106] and with a corner.... should something.

OP
OP
Orangezuk

Orangezuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's been taking a while.
Mrs. Orangezuk pointed out she wanted new carpet in the future so a solution had to be found. New tiled section of floor for under the tank is it.
We'll get into it this week and get rolling new equipment additions to the 92corner build include...
RO 200ex skimmer,
Rosmount power heads and waver control,
Hamilton T5/led combo retro (I've gotta retro that a bit),
A collection of plumbing parts & electrical to make a clean install

OP
OP
Orangezuk

Orangezuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while is an understatement!!!
A bathroom remodel, garage modified, floors finally in the works.
Had to start a frag tank just to get myself by, lol.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been a while is an understatement!!!
A bathroom remodel, garage modified, floors finally in the works.
Had to start a frag tank just to get myself by, lol.
:eek::eek::eek: Hopefully things move forward for you now. What are the plans for the build? Have they changed at all?

OP
OP
Orangezuk

Orangezuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much the same. Of course I've been collecting more parts and pieces.
And very much contemplating an algae reactor or conversion to a fuge in the sump. I had thoughts about it before and with all the talk it looks very promising.
Bulk Reef Supply and their conversion of their 160 with the Triton method, has peeked my interest in to what/how I could do things.

Back