Over 100 Rock Flower Babies!

Cherry Bomb

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 21, 2018
Messages
136
Reaction score
177
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock Flower Update: My Rock Flower Anemones are slowly growing. Still very small. Counted over 100 this morning of various colors. Feeling so grateful! Can’t wait to see them get larger. Here’s a photo of a little patch in the tank.

6FBAA54C-5A44-44C4-B1E5-F4BAF92D68DE.jpeg
 
Rock Flower Update: My Rock Flower Anemones are slowly growing. Still very small. Counted over 100 this morning of various colors. Feeling so grateful! Can’t wait to see them get larger. Here’s a photo of a little patch in the tank.

6FBAA54C-5A44-44C4-B1E5-F4BAF92D68DE.jpeg
That’s awesome!
 
I had my first spawn in Octoberish last year. No babies came of it but I saw one of my larger males spawning.

Fast forward to this year. Didn’t see the actual spawning but I did see one of my mama’s giving birth. I’m assuming maybe a few of them may have released babies at the same time due to the amount. I hear they spawn with the spring/fall moons? I do have a lunar setting on my light on. Not sure if that does anything?

Other than that.... I had about 13 rock flowers in total. No fish in the tank, only coral and some trochus snails/Money cowries/2 scarlet hermits. I was feeding mini mysis once a week with Selcon, reef roids once a week. I am now adding phytoplankton almost daily and added once a week crushed/soaked anemone pellets. Tank is a tall 12G with a hang on the back filter, one power head and heater. AI Prime HD for lighting set at a modified Pirates setting.
 
Thank you for the description of the process! This is on my bucket list for someday!
 


I think mine was spawning last night. Does this mean it's a male? Any way to tell otherwise? I no longer have 2. The other decided to go for a bad float.

This is towards the end of the spawning... It was stretched up on its foot emitting the white stuff.
 


I think mine was spawning last night. Does this mean it's a male? Any way to tell otherwise? I no longer have 2. The other decided to go for a bad float.

This is towards the end of the spawning... It was stretched up on its foot emitting the white stuff.


Yep, looks like you have a male there :)
 
I Love it. You should get yourself an orange filter. They'll come out like this.

But for no filter yours look good.

20190719_223731.jpg 20190608_044614.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new