Over flow box just broke

Citycop89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing my tank maintenance just now. Took off the removable over flow box to wipe it down and clean off some algae. Holding it in my hands and wiping with a paper towel and it broke at where pieces connect!! This shouldn’t happen! Pretty vital place for my return and water level.

I called Waterbox three times. To voicemail each time. Waterbox, you’ve been great with everything I’ve needed replaced. But I feel like I shouldn’t have these continued issues. Pretty frustrating for dropping almost 2k on this tank.

Please get back to me. I need this part ASAP.

Question: can I use super glue to temporarily hold it together? Not sure if it’s acrylic or plastic.

image.jpg

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch.

I don't know material info on your OF you have.

I once broke off one of the tabs for my Loc-Line position choice and superglued that tab back in.

Maybe some who has the OF you do can give better insight.

I know if it was mine I'd either superglue it or maybe Weldon.

Hope they get back to you soon.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does appear to be acrylic and Weldon #4 would do it. Just wasn't sure if it was formed and cut Lexan polished with a UV protectant which kind of looks like cell cast acrylic.

OP
OP
C

Citycop89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys for the responses and sorry for my lack of a quick response. I have yet to hear back from Waterbox. I have it rigged in place so it can at least operate right now. Had to get the water flowing and keep temp etc. Next chance I get I will be picking up some weld on and trying to fix this. Hopefully I hear back from Waterbox and can just get a replacement.

Waterbox Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Waterbox Aquariums please get back to me. Calling your phone number hasn’t gotten me to anyone. PM me please.

Sorry if you haven't been able to reach anyone, we are just now seeing this post. We do not check this forum as frequent so emailing [email protected] is always fastest approach. Anyway, we will get a replacement shipped out, this is also the 2017 version and you will notice we no longer do the removable overflow top with the new models for the reason of these being able to break. It isn't common for them to break but it can happen. Glue will work temporarily until your new ones arrives.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back