OP
OP
Chris Spaulding

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not only about filtration. It’s about fish aggression. It’s a lot of fish, and a regal angel is one of the most difficult angels to care for because they are very finicky eaters, and won’t fare well with aggressive tank mates.

You can try adding the angel, but note that you are having the odds of success working against you.
Not going to add . Will add when doing upgrade and will be in first or second in.

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stocking question isn't isn't about a number, but tank variables including swim space assuming the owner can maintain water properly. i.e. food and nutrients. Think about the fish you have and the ones you want to add in terms of their preferred tank space. For example, anthias tend to be out in the open swimming in the current. And PBT is a huge swimmer thus anthias will limit the swim space. This gets worst as they grow and limit more space. On the flip side, adding a scooter or manny probably wouldn't have as much of an impact. I have a heavily stocked 180G myself and keep these factors in mind. I also QT so I think of adding fish in terms of batches since the effort to QT doesn't make sense for a single fish. This helps with the aggression issue with multiple new targets to disperse any aggression.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back