Overflow and Sump Plumbing

  • Thread starter Thread starter blake231
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

blake231

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 5, 2014
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a 90 Gallon tank with a built in over flow and I'll be getting a sump soon! I've started to read up on how to plumb it all. Does anyone have some good blogs/articles/vidoes I can read/watch on how to set it all up. I have a good idea of what to do, but I would like to find a setup that would be as quite as possible, also safe :)

Thanks :)
 
Yes I have one idea for quieting it down some if not completely. It's called Maggie Muffler for your overflow standpipes. You can find them on ebay or build them yourself. There are several DIY threads on them. Seearch stockman standpipe. There's a great version on You Tube. The guy says "not in my house" which is the correct one. Lol
 
Awesome, Thanks :) I assume this will work all the same in a built in overflow or a hang on back overflow, right?
 
Yes in most cases :) if you don't have a standpipe you can get the pvc pipe from a home or plumbing supply store.

Jackie
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new