Overflow cross compatibility? Eshopps to Fiji Cube

tanktank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my specific question is, Are the drill holes the same size and distance apart/from the rim of the tank when comparing an eshopps eclipse L to a Fiji Cube LoPro external overflow box (2400 GPH). More generallyare there any cross compatible hole templates?

can anyone submit the measurements for the Fiji Cube template? Or lead me to where to find them. I would really appreciate it.

visually from the pictures they appear further apart however the Fiji Cube overflow is much larger.

629BEDC3-9CC0-4FE0-86AB-4B357D5BF073.jpeg 9B8623F0-987B-4CB0-AAC9-F6E7C99CE6C4.jpeg

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20EC99D4-82FA-4845-8CFD-F244AF9F56A8.jpeg

This is the template from the Fiji LoPro 2400 gph, if it helps you. However I have two of them and do not like them very much. Long story short, when the power/pump cuts off, water leaks past the O-rings and won’t stop draining your DT for a good long time. Fiji’s response to me was basically, ‘Oh yeah, sometimes the tubing is out-of-round and it won’t form a watertight seal.’ (IMO that’s a design defect. I had to resort to a ton of silicone— not what you would expect to have to be doing.)

OP
OP
T

tanktank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20EC99D4-82FA-4845-8CFD-F244AF9F56A8.jpeg

This is the template from the Fiji LoPro 2400 gph, if it helps you. However I have two of them and do not like them very much. Long story short, when the power/pump cuts off, water leaks past the O-rings and won’t stop draining your DT for a good long time. Fiji’s response to me was basically, ‘Oh yeah, sometimes the tubing is out-of-round and it won’t form a watertight seal.’ (IMO that’s a design defect. I had to resort to a ton of silicone— not what you would expect to have to be doing.)
Oh really?? That’s actually why I’m asking about the cross compatibility I purchased an eshopps eclips L and just started seeing the reviews about leaks. I haven’t filled my tank yet but I was seeing what the options were if mine was a leaker.

I really appreciate the response.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to put a bad review on BRS but it never showed up (?) :(

On the ‘plus’ side, the 24” long weir pulls a lot of water, and frankly you could clean it easily just with a toothbrush right in place— which is why I went the silicone route, even though it defeats the purpose of an overflow that is meant to pull apart for cleaning. I really think that feature is a useless gimmick in the long run.

19DF7CC2-C8AC-4543-BA24-E1697FB231B2.jpeg

OP
OP
T

tanktank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to put a bad review on BRS but it never showed up (?) :(

On the ‘plus’ side, the 24” long weir pulls a lot of water, and frankly you could clean it easily just with a toothbrush right in place— which is why I went the silicone route, even though it defeats the purpose of an overflow that is meant to pull apart for cleaning. I really think that feature is a useless gimmick in the long run.
Well you’re helping me not regret me decision!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back