Overflow

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maho.B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Maho.B

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2024
Messages
397
Reaction score
212
Location
Minnetonka, MN.
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, does anyone have a good solution to stop small animals from going through the overflow? I have the Red Sea Max S aquarium and have had the following new additions go through the overflow and end up in my reef mat:

- 3 pistol shrimp
- 1 Neon goby
- numerous Berghia (I've found at least a dozen or more when changing the mat)

2 days ago I added 9 peppermint shrimp, the next morning when looking for them, 6 of them were in the reed mat! This overflow is getting expensive! Anyone know what to use to limit what can get through it without slowing the flow of water out of the tank?
 
Hello all, does anyone have a good solution to stop small animals from going through the overflow? I have the Red Sea Max S aquarium and have had the following new additions go through the overflow and end up in my reef mat:

- 3 pistol shrimp
- 1 Neon goby
- numerous Berghia (I've found at least a dozen or more when changing the mat)

2 days ago I added 9 peppermint shrimp, the next morning when looking for them, 6 of them were in the reed mat! This overflow is getting expensive! Anyone know what to use to limit what can get through it without slowing the flow of water out of the tank?
I'm having the same issue. Today I took a long zip tie and cut off the block end, and weaved the remaining long flat piece in and out of the slots on the weir. Not sure if that will work or not, but it hasn't significantly slowed the water flow.
 
Cheesehead that is a great idea! Let us know if it works. Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new