Oversized Frag Disks

  • Thread starter Thread starter Palancar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Palancar

Aussie Acan Addict
View Badges
Joined
Oct 24, 2006
Messages
307
Reaction score
3
Location
SW Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greg a friend of mine got me thinking about some over sized frag disks to use with our acans, he said that he had done a search for some and found none. So here is a picture of the mold I plan to use, disks will be 3 1/2" in diameter and 1/4" thick, 36 at a time. Now all I have to do is mix the aragocrete.

FragDiscMold.jpg


The next modification I want to do is make a frag ring. The hole in the center will be large enough for the Boston Aqua Farms disc to fit inside once the coral is about to out grow it. Popped the first batch out of the mold and only broke one.

DSC_0734.jpg


I have already done a second and third batch. I am playing with the mixture and we picked up a sack of white portland cement from the one and only dealer in our area. I already see I will be making some modifications to the mold for easier extraction of the disks.
 
There is a guy name Ray on Ebay who sells 3 inch disks. I have bought multiple times with him and I am very happy with the product. It is 15 dollars for 20 disks and 10 dollar shipping. So 25 bucks for 20 three inch disks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new