Oversized protein skimmer ??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shergar11
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shergar11

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Location
Scotland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I have just purchased a 182l tank and have just bought a deltec mce600 uprated model skimmer which was second hand and a good deal, but I am worried now that maybe this uprated model will be to powerful for my tank is this possible, it says it can skim up to 875 litres !!!
 
Dont forget to add your sump volume to the total. I think your fine, alot of people run higher rated skimmers.
 
Don't have a sump buddy, no room for one at the moment relatively new to this only had a nano tank before now, so this is my first major setup !!!
 
Still no excuse! Lol. Your fine is this an external skimmer? Or hang on back?

Sent from my DROIDX using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new