Overthinking my refugium?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dh350twin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dh350twin

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
988
Reaction score
272
Location
kent island md
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I moved my 300 gallon display tank and decided to have a custom sump built by pimped out aquariums see below
2d1ab5e8dc05a80005239b40c6f3573f.jpg

I also had a separate refugium built that looks exactly like the sump same dimensions only just a open box no chambers.
I used it to house my existing Rock as it had a lot of aiptasia on it and bought all new rock for the display and moved all the corals to the new rock......not an easy task but worth it not to have the aiptasia.
So now the old rock has been removed from so called refugium. I want to build the refugium now. The problem I didn't think about when having the sump and refugium built was I have one supply line from main tank at a slow rate and on small drain that drains into the filter sock section of the sump.
My concern is the one drain getting clogged with chaeto and flooding the refugium.
The dimensions are 36x20x18 for both sump and refugium. They are connected with a hard plumb via bulkhead.
Should I drain it and take it back to the builder and request some partitions or am I over thinking this?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new