Ozarksreef… A New Beginning

OzarksReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
100
Reaction score
87
Location
Springfield, MO
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I recently set up a new mixed reef after nearly three years out of the hobby. I think that’s been longest hiatus from reef keeping since I started around 30 years ago. This is a fairly small system to ease back in but it’s already making a big show of things with beautiful color and relatively fast coral growth.

I thought I’d start with a photographic introduction and share some of the ups and downs of this tank in its early stages in posts to come…

IMG_0097.jpeg


IMG_0098.jpeg


7CC3645C-A533-4D64-BF29-5AEDE715069B.jpeg


IMG_0113.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Those are some great pictures of your tank! Do you have a fts we can see?
 
Please share details about the system, such as lighting. Gorgeous shots.
 
Super nice tank, do you live really near the ozarks from the netflix serie?

​

 
Those are some great pictures of your tank! Do you have a fts we can see?
I need to get some FTS of the system. I just recently picked up a DSLR and am getting back into photo journaling. Hope to post some soon!

Please share details about the system, such as lighting. Gorgeous shots.
This is a relatively small system. Planet Aquariums 4’ rimless tank … somewhere around 75-80 gallons. It’s lit with 4x AI Prime 16 HD fixtures in a hanging canopy.
Super nice tank, do you live really near the ozarks from the netflix serie?

​

Thanks - really enjoying the hobby again! I’m about 2 hours from the Lake of the Ozarks where that series was set. I’m further south - much closer to Tablerock Lake and the White River basin. Great series BTW
 
I need to get some FTS of the system. I just recently picked up a DSLR and am getting back into photo journaling. Hope to post some soon!


This is a relatively small system. Planet Aquariums 4’ rimless tank … somewhere around 75-80 gallons. It’s lit with 4x AI Prime 16 HD fixtures in a hanging canopy.

Thanks - really enjoying the hobby again! I’m about 2 hours from the Lake of the Ozarks where that series was set. I’m further south - much closer to Tablerock Lake and the White River basin. Great series BTW
I really love those lakes, the nature over there is stunning.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new