Ozone for dummies

SkimHeavy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must admit....

I have my local forum, R2R and RC all on my tapatalk app on my iPhone. I wanted to post this question here on R2R but posted on RC by mistake. People here tend to be a lot more friendly, more understanding and less cut throat. The answer I got there was links to articles with massive reads. I believe those articles to be of high importance, and will absolutely read them, if I decide to move forward.

Can someone first help me with these questions in "dummy" form?

I have a few questions about ozone. There are those who swear by it, and those that fear it. Before getting into wether or not it "works" or is "beneficial" I would like to ask a few questions.

I have a 100g reef. I do not have a fan pulling fresh air in or out of my living room.

If an Ozone generator is running like it is supposed to.......

Is it really generating enough to make my kids sick?

Can it be done without using carbon?

If I were to only run it during hours of 8-5pm Monday through Friday when everyone is a work or school could I lower the health risk?

Does it dissipate, or become inert, or does it build up until I open a window?

Alright, I've got a few more questions but I'll save them for a bit.

Thanks in advance

kpiotrowski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good questions! What I can offer is in modern houses you should have a timer on your furnace for when it pulls in fresh air and does an air exchange, so you may be able to set it to come on more frequently for piece of mind.

you have the apex right with orp probe right? assuming you will use the apex to govern the ozone generator? You could run it in the mid 300's instead of say low 400's to ensure it is used up in the aquarium ( skimmer) more I would assume???

taggin along!

Back