Ozone Use Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter fftfk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

fftfk

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2014
Messages
273
Reaction score
146
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All - I am trying to hook up my skimmer to my ozone generator. I am having a hard time finding the correct size lunar reducing fitting fitting. Can you use a brass reducing fit over a sump? I know you can't place brass in saltwater as it will corrode and release copper.

Any other recommendations for ozone safe reducing fittings to look at?
 
No brass. The nitric acid will corrode the brass.
Any pics for reference.
Mine is simple here is a pic.
17602853774613638045533200558406.jpg
 
No brass. The nitric acid will corrode the brass.
Any pics for reference.
Mine is simple here is a pic.
17602853774613638045533200558406.jpg
The tubing is 3/16 ID. I’m guessing the fitting is 5/16 or 3/8 ID.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2047.jpeg
    IMG_2047.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 50

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 9.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new