Ozone

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bob CImon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bob CImon

TN ReefChasers
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2018
Messages
33
Reaction score
13
Location
Ooltewah TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long do you guys run ozone? I know ORP is a good indicator. I am running 50MG through my skimmer for 6HRS a day. Total of 130 gallons of water total with sump. SPS dominate with a mix of LPS and 6 small fish and some inverts. I don't want to tie to the apex with the ORP probe as its cycles it too frequently.
 
If the goal of using ozone is less yellowing of the water, you may be able to reduce the time to even less.

I stopped using ozone on my old tank, and did not start it up on my new tank.
 
Thank you Randy. Yes the goal is just clearer water. I will try reducing the time and see if it changes the clarity at all.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new