ozone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

powdertang05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering why BRS does not sell UV ozone generators. It make sense since you don't have to deal with air dryer. Do you have any reasons why you decided on one brand versus the other? Im in the process of purchasing an ozone unit and don't want to purchase the wrong one.

thanks

OP
OP
powdertang05

powdertang05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was aware that you sold ozone generators. I was asking why you chose to not sell UV ones. Like ultrazone. Im trying to figure out if this is due to a fault that I am not aware of. This could be price point, you like air dryers, you think UV is a gimmick. I just want to figure it out so I know which one is better to buy.

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was aware that you sold ozone generators. I was asking why you chose to not sell UV ones. Like ultrazone. Im trying to figure out if this is due to a fault that I am not aware of. This could be price point, you like air dryers, you think UV is a gimmick. I just want to figure it out so I know which one is better to buy.
I tried the posiden that BRS recommends and it corroded inside so bad it was basically junk in no time even though I had it sitting 4 feet from the tank and not in the tank stand.

I also have an aquamaxx UV model hooked to a skimmer and it works so good my ORP will hit 450 and just keep going up......something my Poseidon never did even though the aquamaxx unit is rated for smaller tank.....go figure.

I actually trun the ozone off at night on the theory that the increased complex organics will help my chateo grow under the Kessil grow lights...

You can see from the screen shot I had to put my ozone generator on a controller and shut it off at 450.

You can also see how low it goes at night when it's off.

Since BRS doesn't carry aquamaxx products I had to get both the skimmer (a Cone-S C03) and generator from marine depot.
55ad1c262f0aeddcbdbe9e6c6eaeaa1a.jpg

OP
OP
powdertang05

powdertang05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I'm on the right track. Good to hear. Surprising to see brs doesn't care these kinds of products.

Holdbar7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the posiden that BRS recommends and it corroded inside so bad it was basically junk in no time even though I had it sitting 4 feet from the tank and not in the tank stand.

I also have an aquamaxx UV model hooked to a skimmer and it works so good my ORP will hit 450 and just keep going up......something my Poseidon never did even though the aquamaxx unit is rated for smaller tank.....go figure.

I actually trun the ozone off at night on the theory that the increased complex organics will help my chateo grow under the Kessil grow lights...

You can see from the screen shot I had to put my ozone generator on a controller and shut it off at 450.

You can also see how low it goes at night when it's off.

Since BRS doesn't carry aquamaxx products I had to get both the skimmer (a Cone-S C03) and generator from marine depot.

I'm also looking at getting an aquamaxx ozone generator. Only worry is that the production rate drops as the bulb ages. How long have you had yours?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 43.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back