Ozone?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Johnny C
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Johnny C

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2020
Messages
108
Reaction score
82
Location
Western Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an aquamaxx coneS Q-3 protein skimmer I do love it. (But it is the only one that I have ever had…) My question is I’d like to get the aquamaxx ozone generator. Can I hook this generator up to my skimmer without damaging it? And if this skimmer is made to withstand the harsh environment created by the ozone where do I attach the ozone hose? To the 2nd port on the venturi?

CF1FFAB9-DCC2-48A5-BD93-41AE5C84FCB4.jpeg
 
Skimmers with a second port on the venturi are generally considered to be "ozone ready" skimmers. While ozone may cause your equipment to break down very slightly more quickly vs not running it, the benefits usually outweigh the negatives. No skimmer is ozone proof.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new