• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Ozotech Poseidon 200

Item Price
200
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Thread Prefix?
  1. YES I have added pre-fixes to my thread title.
Shipping
YES shipping is available

willieboy240

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2016
Messages
449
Reaction score
325
Location
San Francisco
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a NEW ozotech poseidon 200. I decided not to use it after turning it on for a few days.
Asking 200 shipped.
image.jpg
 
Just curious because I was debating weather or not I wanted to use UV or Ozone?
 
I run a 160 watts of uv due to my high fish load for ick management When you run that much uv. You can’t run ozone and be sps dominant due to sps being fragile. No one tells you that. If I could run the ozone. I would it’s the Ferrari of ozone
 
Oh I was unaware of that also. So the Ozone can't be used for parasite management either eh?
 
I think in my situation it doesn’t work. Because I have 400 gallons of water. 25 year old live rock. 40+ fish. Lots and lots of sps. I have to run uv or my fish will die. Period. So it’s the perfect storm that I can’t run ozone. I didn’t know until I tried.
Technically ozone will kill stuff in the water column. I think in my case my aquarium is just too much stuff in the water column that’s bad.
 
I run a 160 watts of uv due to my high fish load for ick management When you run that much uv. You can’t run ozone and be sps dominant due to sps being fragile. No one tells you that. If I could run the ozone. I would it’s the Ferrari of ozone
ive never heard this before, what is your source?
 
ive never heard this before, what is your source?
Im wondering the same thing as well. Ive never heard this, not saying it isnt true but curious to dive into the matter cause I have ozone on the brain a lot lately.
 
Im wondering the same thing as well. Ive never heard this, not saying it isnt true but curious to dive into the matter cause I have ozone on the brain a lot lately.
I researched it... It's not true. But that's been wrong before so I want to see the source and possibly learn something new. A lot of people will neutralize ozone w UV so.... Yea.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new