Ozotech Poseidon vs. Enaly Ozone Generator

AquAttila

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fellow Reefers,

I have been running ozone w/ Avast Mutiny reactor and the Ozotech 200 ozone generator for years. Unfortunately my ozotech generator took a dive and no longer functioning. I have been doing some research over this weekend and need to purchase a new ozone generator. Seems that the Enaly maybe actually a better choice... mainly because the corona discharge unit is expense, needs to be cleaned from time to time... looking at the Enaly, it says maintenance free? this is where I need some feedback - so the Enaly does not have anything that needs to be replaced (i.e. corona discharge) from time to time? also, I assume the probe is an optional in case you don't have Apex - which I do so plan on using that to control ORP and when to shut unit off.

Appreciate feedback from folks that have successfully used the Enaly unit and their experience.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fellow Reefers,

I have been running ozone w/ Avast Mutiny reactor and the Ozotech 200 ozone generator for years. Unfortunately my ozotech generator took a dive and no longer functioning. I have been doing some research over this weekend and need to purchase a new ozone generator. Seems that the Enaly maybe actually a better choice... mainly because the corona discharge unit is expense, needs to be cleaned from time to time... looking at the Enaly, it says maintenance free? this is where I need some feedback - so the Enaly does not have anything that needs to be replaced (i.e. corona discharge) from time to time? also, I assume the probe is an optional in case you don't have Apex - which I do so plan on using that to control ORP and when to shut unit off.

Appreciate feedback from folks that have successfully used the Enaly unit and their experience.
Just noticed the lack of responses to your post. Maybe not many ozone users.

OP
OP
A

AquAttila

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea. unfortunately not and frankly I don't know why that is ... I would never run a tank without ozone. It just makes the tank crystal clear and amazing. Is it the extra equipment, or some think it's dangerous? no idea :) I did decide to just get a new ozotech generator as BRS was actually running a deal recently. I shipped my old one in to ozotech and will just have a spare on hand. for those that are interested in running ozone, I highly recommend the Avast ozone reactor as it really does a great job with the safety of running ozone w/ carbon pre-filter.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious as to what died? Typically just the corona discharge needs to be replaced. I haven’t heard of much other than that to be honest. Are you running a drier? I’m not, but the going through mine is very dry. Just questions as I’m new to ozone myself, well with my aquarium anyway.

OP
OP
A

AquAttila

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious as to what died? Typically just the corona discharge needs to be replaced. I haven’t heard of much other than that to be honest. Are you running a drier? I’m not, but the going through mine is very dry. Just questions as I’m new to ozone myself, well with my aquarium anyway.
I agree with you that in most cases it is just the corona discharge that requires replacement - I do that every year and clean it about every 3 months. In this case, this unit was on my system for about 5 years... I attached a few pics, but it seems to have corrosion on the fuse clip as well as the clips of the CD have corroded so much that they came off. I was going to solder this but after contacting support I just decided to have them do this for me.

Attachments

• 20240531_222506.jpg
    20240531_222506.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20240531_222514.jpg
    20240531_222514.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 20240531_223821.jpg
    20240531_223821.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 36

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with you that in most cases it is just the corona discharge that requires replacement - I do that every year and clean it about every 3 months. In this case, this unit was on my system for about 5 years... I attached a few pics, but it seems to have corrosion on the fuse clip as well as the clips of the CD have corroded so much that they came off. I was going to solder this but after contacting support I just decided to have them do this for me.
Ah, if there’s corrosion on the inside of the unit, I don’t think any other brand would make a difference. AFAIK none have conformal coated electronics. Aside from moving the unit itself, I’m not sure much could be done. 5 years isn’t all that bad of a run….although, things should last much longer. I wish conformal coating, or sealed/o-ring enclosures were standard fare in the hobby. Maybe a 3d printed enclosure with a refillable desiccant tray is in order.

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If it’s just the fuse clips that’s an easy solder fix. At least it’s thru-hole.

I would contact them too just for the hell of it, to see how their support is. (edit: just noticed you did that, good idea)

dmowrer018

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fellow Reefers,

So I’m new to ozone as well. But I have an Enaly 200 unit on my 300 gallon and I must say, I love it. Has made my water crystal clear. I bought the unit from BRS and just followed the BRS video that shows the Enaly unit being used. I have it being fed into a second ozone friendly protein skimmer. I would like to know if anyone is currently using an air dryer, because I’m Contemplating on getting one instead of using the air drying media. In all, I would recommend the unit. Let me know what you decide on.

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
isnt running ozone dangerous for us as well as animals i was thinking of running one but they are mixed reviews out there from what ive read and seems complicated

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 7 12.3%
Back