Ozone question

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers looking to add an ozone generator to my 200 gallon, wanted to get some info before I purchase one. Is it worth it? How to set it up? What else do I need to set it up, my goal is to have clarity in the tank I also heard it does help remove Dino’s and other. This is the unit I was looking at Enaly Ozone Generator OZAC-PLUS 200 and get a orp probe and a jumbo receiver canister would appreciate the help and advice

Cycleguy0623

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running the same Ozone unit into my Reef Octopus Elite Skimmer. I kept smelling ozone even through the carbon I out on the lid so I added a recirculating kit to it and run that to a carbon filter then into my co2 media. Zero issues since running 5 min an hour on roughly 100gal of water. I’m very happy with the results. The water is pretty much invisible.

OP
OP
C

Calireefer92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running the same Ozone unit into my Reef Octopus Elite Skimmer. I kept smelling ozone even through the carbon I out on the lid so I added a recirculating kit to it and run that to a carbon filter then into my co2 media. Zero issues since running 5 min an hour on roughly 100gal of water. I’m very happy with the results. The water is pretty much invisible.
Can you show me your set up if you don’t mind?

dmowrer018

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers looking to add an ozone generator to my 200 gallon, wanted to get some info before I purchase one. Is it worth it? How to set it up? What else do I need to set it up, my goal is to have clarity in the tank I also heard it does help remove Dino’s and other. This is the unit I was looking at Enaly Ozone Generator OZAC-PLUS 200 and get a orp probe and a jumbo receiver canister would appreciate the help and advice
I would totally recommend running an ozone unit. I have the Enaly 200 set up on my 300 gallon and my water is crystal clear. I won’t run another tank with out one. I’m just trying to decide if I want to buy the air dryer or keep
Changing out air drying desecant.

airvicconcre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would totally recommend running an ozone unit. I have the Enaly 200 set up on my 300 gallon and my water is crystal clear. I won’t run another tank with out one. I’m just trying to decide if I want to buy the air dryer or keep
Changing out air drying desecant.
Hello. I just bought the Enaly ozac 200 and an orp proble. I installed the ozone through a secondary skimmer which is also as high as as my deltec 1500i. I have my probe sunk in the retur. Pump chamber and when I started the generator my orp reading was 215 and it’s been day 2 and my orp reading is 220. From what all I’ve read is that ozone raises orp and it should. Maybe I’ve done something wrong. I’ve even attached the air dryer to the second air outlet of Enaly. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you

scotty333

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I will be patient then. Should I do a time based ozone dosing or just leave it on with a cut-off at 350 orp?
I have mine on a timer for a total of 4 hours over the night , it never passes 350 but my controller will shut it off at 400 should the timer stick on

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I just bought the Enaly ozac 200 and an orp proble. I installed the ozone through a secondary skimmer which is also as high as as my deltec 1500i. I have my probe sunk in the retur. Pump chamber and when I started the generator my orp reading was 215 and it’s been day 2 and my orp reading is 220. From what all I’ve read is that ozone raises orp and it should. Maybe I’ve done something wrong. I’ve even attached the air dryer to the second air outlet of Enaly. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you

ORP rising us really a side effect and the rise is relatively unimportant.

Does the water appear less yellow?

airvicconcre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine on a timer for a total of 4 hours over the night , it never passes 350 but my controller will shut it off at 400 should the timer stick on
So Enaly has an auto shutoff if it reaches a certain point. I will try that and let it be. Thanks!

airvicconcre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ORP rising us really a side effect and the rise is relatively unimportant.

Does the water appear less yellow?
Hello. I installed it a couple of days ago however it’s in my office and due to it being a weekend I didn’t want to let it run continuously (even though i set it up to a cutout at 350 orp) I have a 150g system and have started a relatively low ozone output at 25 mg/hr. During the time I stayed after installation the orp fluctuated from 216 (start point) to 229 and it came down back to 216, that’s when I shut it off. I have put the orp probe in the return pump chamber, does it have something to do with the placement as well?

scotty333

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I installed it a couple of days ago however it’s in my office and due to it being a weekend I didn’t want to let it run continuously (even though i set it up to a cutout at 350 orp) I have a 150g system and have started a relatively low ozone output at 25 mg/hr. During the time I stayed after installation the orp fluctuated from 216 (start point) to 229 and it came down back to 216, that’s when I shut it off. I have put the orp probe in the return pump chamber, does it have something to do with the placement as well?
It’ll take days for the probe to bed in but it does go down when not in use
Mine actually goes down in use and up after the dosing

Just set it and leave it a few eeeks

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’d just keep monitoring the situation when you are back and it is on.

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back