Amazed at how much difference ozone has made

  • Thread starter Thread starter shepe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

shepe

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2025
Messages
42
Reaction score
36
Location
uk
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently added ozone to my 8ft tank and am absolutely blown away by the difference.

I bought an Enaly ozac plus 200, I’ve got it dialled down at 35mg/hr and been running it since Saturday morning.
First pic is before turning it on second one is just a minute ago

IMG_4274.jpeg


IMG_4302.jpeg


Ozone machine is connected straight to the air intake on my reef octopus regal 200 ext with a bag of carbon sat on the top of the unit.

But the improvement in clarity is unreal much more than the picture portray!
 
Recently added ozone to my 8ft tank and am absolutely blown away by the difference.

I bought an Enaly ozac plus 200, I’ve got it dialled down at 35mg/hr and been running it since Saturday morning.
First pic is before turning it on second one is just a minute ago

IMG_4274.jpeg


IMG_4302.jpeg


Ozone machine is connected straight to the air intake on my reef octopus regal 200 ext with a bag of carbon sat on the top of the unit.

But the improvement in clarity is unreal much more than the picture portray!
I'm a big fan of ozone. The water becomes so crystal clear. Make sure you're using it properly for both the health of the tank and your own.
 
I'm a big fan of ozone. The water becomes so crystal clear. Make sure you're using it properly for both the health of the tank and your own.
Yeah it’s on a controller with a limit cutout at 300mv, there’s also carbon right on the outlet of the skimmer as well as the lid so all good
 
I’m really intrigued by ozone I just have concerns about the effects it has on tank biome. Have you by chance done an Aquabiomics test? I'd love to see a before/after.
Not something I’d considered tbh, running a conservatively low dose and for me worth it for the water clarity alone. Everything in the tank looks happy so I’ll go with that for now
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new