Packing acros - specimen cups or bags?

sunnysidecorals

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2019
Messages
418
Reaction score
165
Location
Utah
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of great posts with shipping info!! Been in the hobby a long time and sold/traded a lot of frags, but I've never shipped corals. I see some older sticky posts that mention that acros don't ship well in specimen cups. Current opinions? Specimen cups or bags? Glue plug to the lid? Float with styrofoam? Looking specifically for info on shipping acros. thx
 
styro ,glue could give ,tape around lid ,prevent accident
 
Agreed cups with Jell-O shot containers work good but tape the lid.
 
Seems like a popular method for zoas and LPS. any troubles with "brancher" frags?
Nope works for me temp is a issue make sure you get coolers for shipping if your small time order frozen food or stuff and use the coolers to ship yourself.
 
I am not a fan of urine cups for shipping. I do not know if there is too little water, or if the plastic is too thick. I had trouble with temp being too cold when I would use that method.

For shipping any corals I highly recommend bags and 3/4oz & 2oz sauce cups depending on size of plugs. I use a 7x4" bag and a 8x8" bag sealed with a $30 amazon heat sealer. Looks professional and holds a good amount of water to mitigate temp fluctuations.
 
I am not a fan of urine cups for shipping. I do not know if there is too little water, or if the plastic is too thick. I had trouble with temp being too cold when I would use that method.

For shipping any corals I highly recommend bags and 3/4oz & 2oz sauce cups depending on size of plugs. I use a 7x4" bag and a 8x8" bag sealed with a $30 amazon heat sealer. Looks professional and holds a good amount of water to mitigate temp fluctuations.
Where do you get those bags from? Been looking around but not sure where to buy from
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new