Paired clowns with new mandarin goby

Lorinxo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a pair of clowns for about 3 years now .. over that time period I’ve lost a blue tang, lawnmower blenny, and a diamond spotted goby. I was down to the 2 clowns, flame hawkfish, and a coral banded shrimp. Yesterday I introduced a mandarin goby and noticed what appeared to be my clowns acting aggressive?? Or are they just being curious? They’ve followed the goby around pretty much non stop and the goby just hides in the rocks. When i turned the light off last night i noticed that the goby did seem to come out and swim a bit more.. should i be concerned? Are the clowns aggressive or is this just a mix of the goby being in a bit of shock from introduction to a new tank?

Btw the tank is 80 gal

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Established clowns are aggressive and will hurt new additions if not properly acclimated.
Are you supplying pods for the mandarin ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lorinxo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Established clowns are aggressive and will hurt new additions of not properly acclimated.
Are you supplying pods for the mandarin ?

Yes, I did get some Tiggerpods get put those in the tank when i put the mandarin in. What should I do? I don't want the clowns to end up hurting or killing the mandarin :(

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they attacking it or just swimming near it ?

One bottle of pods isn’t going to last long. Your going to spend a lot of money on pods

OP
OP
L

Lorinxo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they attacking it or just swimming near it ?

One bottle of pods isn’t going to last long. Your going to spend a lot of money on pods
From what I can see they aren't attacking it, the bigger clown is just kindof following the mandarin around. I haven't seen him attack, but the mandarin is staying hidden in the rocks.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 80 47.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back