Panacur

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello y’all I am planning to dose my tank with panacur C. I have seen the powder version on petco for $180 and went with the $10 version on Amazon. Is this okay to do? And how does the dosing work, I have read various articles where I came To understand 1/8 teaspoon per 10 gallons? I have nothing in the tank right now and plan to add dwarf seahorses eventually

Thank you

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once I am done dosing how do I know if it will be safe enough to add the dwarf seahorses
I would run carbon for a week and call it good, but to "Know" isn't a thing you might test for, but carbon "should" remove it quickly and I don't think its going to impact your seahorses by hanging around long term and ruining their health.

OP
OP
H

haigyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would run carbon for a week and call it good, but to "Know" isn't a thing you might test for, but carbon "should" remove it quickly and I don't think its going to impact your seahorses by hanging around long term and ruining their health.
It has been roughly 4 days of dosing when SHOUld I see the buddings start to disappear? Should I test by feeding empty tank BBS and see if their is a growth in hydroids again.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you treated properly they should be gone.

seahorse.com/faqs/fenbendazole-panacur/

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 27.4%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 76 48.4%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back