Par for 2 Hydra 32 on 90 Gallon?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Warpigdave
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Warpigdave

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
170
Reaction score
54
Location
US
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 3 Hydra 32 on my 90 gallon, thinking I was going to do a mixed reef tank. But I'm probably going to stick with LPS and softies. So I have the lights spaced according to BRS recommends which is 1 light 13" from each side. With 22" in between the 2 lights. I did a par reading and about mid level my Par was 115 at
70%UV and Violet,
75% Royal Blue, and Blue.
35% Cool White


However I noticed on my sand bed the par was the same or slightly higher in some areas. Off to the sides on the bottom third par was only about 50, but directly in front of that spot on my sandbed par was near 100.


Tested par with seneye
I'm using 3d reefing diffusers and glass tops.

Why is my par lower on 2/3 down of the sides, but higher on the bed on the sides? There is nothing blocking the light. Maybe the slightly higher rocks in the middle are blocking a bit of it but it's not noticeable to the eye.
Should I just use the 3 Hydras turned down for a better spread? But I did find that par using 3 on the bed was even higher.
 
Last edited:
Ok so maybe I figured it out could it be reflective light from the sides? If so does that affect the corals? Or is that just the seneye reader not capable of omitting the reflective light?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new