View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting 6 new frags from WWC, three of which are acropora. They are:

WWC Yellow Tips Austera Acropora
Paletta Pink Tip Acropora
Green Slimer Acropora.

One is a Forest Fire Digitata Montipora, one is a Branching Cyphastrea, and one is a WWC Rainbow Branching Hammer.

I know where the Cyphastrea and Hammer are going, but I have a few questions regarding PAR for some of these pieces.

For the Digi, I know they do well in medium-high light (what are your experiences?).

For the first two Acros listed, I know they will likely appreciate higher PAR. However, for the Green Slimer, I have seen a wide variety of placements. I want to put it somewhere in the middle of the tank so it can grow vertically. I have many areas in the middle at about 250 PAR. Is that sufficient for a Slimer? As it grows, it will find higher PAR, of course. And I will be adding another AI Blade in a few months to further reduce shadowing.

Please let me know if you have experience with any of these! I am still fairly new to the coral game!

Reefer Matt

YouTube Channel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting 6 new frags from WWC, three of which are acropora. They are:

WWC Yellow Tips Austera Acropora
Paletta Pink Tip Acropora
Green Slimer Acropora.

One is a Forest Fire Digitata Montipora, one is a Branching Cyphastrea, and one is a WWC Rainbow Branching Hammer.

I know where the Cyphastrea and Hammer are going, but I have a few questions regarding PAR for some of these pieces.

For the Digi, I know they do well in medium-high light (what are your experiences?).

For the first two Acros listed, I know they will likely appreciate higher PAR. However, for the Green Slimer, I have seen a wide variety of placements. I want to put it somewhere in the middle of the tank so it can grow vertically. I have many areas in the middle at about 250 PAR. Is that sufficient for a Slimer? As it grows, it will find higher PAR, of course. And I will be adding another AI Blade in a few months to further reduce shadowing.

Please let me know if you have experience with any of these! I am still fairly new to the coral game!
I’d ask them what par the frags are in. But 250 is plenty. Slimer can go as low as 100.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 41 43.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back