Par for the course...

gnoles

Equipment Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kids were out sick for a day of school, so I took a moment to clean my skimmer from top to bottom... only to find out that the dadgum ceramic shaft was broken. No wonder it's been acting weird.

Typical, try to work on something, and the wheels run off. Now the algae is getting another foothold after we'd knocked it back significantly.

markie mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that sucks...so my neighbors tank has been running for 2 weeks,its a 55 gallon tank with an external overflow box a rubbermaid sump with a berlin venturi skimmer and thats it...i did a big water change on my tank to start his upprobably put around 30 gallons of my water in and i made him fresh R.O. for the rst..i told him we would still probably have a small algae bloom at first and i was right...so i put 1 vial of prodibio biodigest and 1 of bioptim in and the next morning i dosed his tank with a half of ml. of vodka and within 3 days the algae was gone...when i say gone,its all gone...might should try out the prodibio if you can to help with the algae...it will consume your phosphates and nitrates very rapidly.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back