Par reading XR15G6 g6

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6” would be like a spot light in a DT. Maybe frag tank if you had enough of them spread out to squeeze out every par, but agreed not practical.
  • Optimal mounting for Radions at approximately 7 inches (18 cm) above the edge of the tank....

There is a big difference between 90 degree tir lenses and 120+ degree lensing, not to mention more spread deeper.
But yea 6" would need to be proven.
It is theoretical.
There is the diffuser.

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honest question, why are g6 users so hesitant to boost up the white channels for more par? Is it the loss of the blue look? Do they find a more white spectrum damaging to the coral or something else?

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honest question, why are g6 users so hesitant to boost up the white channels for more par? Is it the loss of the blue look? Do they find a more white spectrum damaging to the coral or something else?
I have g5 but my whites are almost 100%. I think its an aesthetic thing. As i have great growth with my sps

Hellic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have g5 but my whites are almost 100%. I think its an aesthetic thing. As i have great growth with my sps
I actually like the look of the pros at 100% on all channels. Its actually pretty close to 12500 kelvin if you compare it to the kelvin slider on Mobius. The 14000k looks the best to me. You do lose some coral flouresence, but gain back coralline coloration thats washed out with the AB+ template.

I think some people on here are also forgetting that the only full spectrum lighting on LEDS are the white channels. This is why I chose the pro. The blues, violet, red, and green are light peaks on the spectrum and contribute to how the corals flourese and chlorophyll needs, but not to the overall "healthiness" of the lighting.

Last edited:

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 103 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 79 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 39 16.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.7%
Back