PAR settings in your tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter mike550
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I’m surprised so many people are keeping lower numbers. My LED tanks are around 350 at the top rocks and my MH are over 500.
what tank is this then? what metal halides are you running on what size tank? what led tanks do you run with 350?
 
I try to run relatively high PAR in my tanks, so I always put new corals near the bottom of my tank and then work them up to where I actually want them.
 
what tank is this then? what metal halides are you running on what size tank? what led tanks do you run with 350?
45 and 90g cube. Reef Brite 400 hybrid on the 90 and two Chinese fixtures, I believe they are hipergro would have to check, on the 45.
 
Here’s mine. Running a ReefBreeders v2+
1695046397887.jpeg
 
That might be the push I needed to rebuild the 45. I have a couple badly damaged spots from coralline on it. Been meaning to pull it down and refinish it but it’s currently summer and I have little interest in polishing glass in the heat.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new