PAR tolerance for zoas and shrooms (and a plate)?

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

I've created a clam focal area on my sand bed that has a Kessil pointed at it with a 35 degree reflector in addition to my already well-lighting Noopsyches. The focal point is getting probably 400+ PAR at peaks during my schedule. See below:

1708924360075.jpeg

Clam area:
1708924378836.jpeg

Now, I've done my best to give them their spotlight space, but there is still bleed over of the 35 degree reflector Kessil light outside of their space, and that space is currently occupied by:
1. All of my zoas that live on the sand bed until they find forever homes on rocks
2. My shrooms
3. My orange funghia plate
4. Also my orange setosa that sits behind the clams but is still probably catching a few extra rays
1708924599981.jpeg

I haven't measure their areas yet during schedule peaks, but the sand bed usually gets 150 PAR in the less well-lit parts and 200-250 PAR in the better lit parts (like the clam space, the space by the green/red rhodactis shrooms and the torch area. I'm estimating the the Kessil is also adding another 50-100 PAR from the ends of the yellow lines to the perimeter of the red circle.

Thus, I imagine the plate is getting around 200 PAR at least, the zoas probably 250-300 and the shrooms closest to the clams also 250-300 at peaks. Are they able to tolerate this? The Kessil went up on Friday, so they have had the weekend so far with the extra light (this is an office tank). Dropped in today briefly and didn't look like anything had melted.

Interested in knowing your thoughts. THANKS!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back