Parameter Questions

JohDwyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im new to this site and to reefing, so ill break everything down to the best of my ability.

The problem: My garf bonsai looks like crap and my Phosphate is 0.00 as per hanna LR Phosphate// Nitrate 2.40 as per hanna ULR nitrate

I have a 6-month-old 40-gallon nuvo-fusion reef. I have a reef breeder photon, skimmer, ATO , and my back chamber grows GHA which i use like a fuge. I run Chemi pure blue but haven't changed it in about 1.5 months. I also run some poly-filter with cermedia. I dose ALL FOR REEF. I do a 2-5 gallon water change weekly. I feed reef roids 2 times a week. Alk is stable between 8.8 and 9.1

I have 5 small fish (clown, bangaii, YWG, firefish, yellow clown goby) cuc is extensive - fish are fat and happy
Ive been using salifert tests until today and i couldn't tell the difference between 0 phosphates and .03.... so I thought i had everything in check.
In the last 2 weeks, I started with Acropora and Montipora because ive been keeping easier sps.
My Garf Bonsai has turned from purple to beige. Still alive with color but very light with almost no polyp extension.
Because of this, I got the hanna kits to make sure. The results were way lower than i thought

Im not sure what to do. I figure my options are
1-dose phosphate
2- unplug skimmer
3- feed more
4- remove chemi-pure
5- stop water changes

What's your advice? And thank you for reading.

Attachments

• reef front 8-25-2021.pdf
    773 KB · Views: 48
  • reef side 08-25-2021.pdf
    532.8 KB · Views: 32

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
May be a nutrient issue and with phosphate at 0.0, chemipure May be too much which May need to be pulled temporarily

Alk. 8-11
Mag 1300
Ca. 440
Salinity. 1.025
Temp 77-79
Nitrate. < .6

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back