Parameters good but fish showing ich

rona2035

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if Ick be cause by others factors other than water parameters got my water tested multiple times have been told it’s good each time I know I might be due for water change but fish are showing signs of ick they have come battled this before and made it but wondering if it can be induced by aggressive fish ? Can it be theres not enough oxygen for fish in tank ?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yes-
Poor water quality
Stress
Already existing
Poor diet
Bullying

This is primary reason for quarantine. You see them when they have reached a certain stage meaning they were pre-existing. Fish have the ability to fight it off until they are weakened by again poor diet, water/oxygen, health and injury

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if Ick be cause by others factors other than water parameters got my water tested multiple times have been told it’s good each time I know I might be due for water change but fish are showing signs of ick they have come battled this before and made it but wondering if it can be induced by aggressive fish ? Can it be theres not enough oxygen for fish in tank ?
The ich parasite itself can be a stressor. You can have the most perfect tank in the world, but if enough ich theronts are in the water, the fish can be overwhelmed and get sick. If you combine that with stress from tankmate aggression or water issues, it just spreads that much more easily. The best way to prevent ich is to have a good active quarantine protocol in place. There is an example I posted the other day at the top of the sticky section in this forum.

Jay

Back