Parameters question

R33fJunkies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is the salt I use ok? ReefFlower coral salt or may say reef salt
I recommend Tropic Marin Pro. I get amazing results with my corals and the salt helps balance the parameters. Ive noticed Tropic Marin works for smaller reef systems as well meaning it allows less dosage for chemicals. i also use Fuel for my corals. My torches and hammers love it :star-struck::star-struck:

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I have the 13.5-gallon fluval evo and I have been doing a 2-gallon water change and I add Fuel Amino Acids. I am curious if I should look deeper into my parameters to see if I need to dose. I have 1 Hammer, 2 zoanthids, green star polyp, 1 recoridea, and 2 other mushrooms.

With that size tank and that stocking you only need to test the two most important parameters:

Salinity and Alkalinity.

With 2 gal weekly water changes you can ignore Calcium and Magnesium as nothing will deplete them fast enough to be measurable.

In terms of waste products you should monitor Nitrate and Phosphate and try to keep Nitrate around 10-20ppm and phosphate around 0.1-0.2ppm

You can use Salifert tests as they are perfectly adequate for that size tank and stock level.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back