Parameters

Mogwai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I'm on day 5 of Cycling my new tank and Day 3 on cycling with Dr. Tim's First Defense and One and Only and this is what I'm reading for parameters as of now. I'm using the test strips temporarily until I get my other test kit but can anyone tell me what exactly I'm reading in this picture as of now? Thx in advance.

20210725_071639.jpg

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where’s ammonia? That has to spike then fall to zero then nitrites spike and settle at zero before tank is cycled.

Upvote 0

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s wise to start investing in better tests. Salifert and Red Sea or Hanna are recommended the most on here.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mogwai

Mogwai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where’s ammonia? That has to spike then fall to zero then nitrites spike and settle at zero before tank is cycled.
Exactly... where is the ammonia? I used the ammonia as recommended by Dr. Tim's for my tank size. Confused I am. Lol

Upvote 0

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly... where is the ammonia? I used the ammonia as recommended by Dr. Tim's for my tank size. Confused I am. Lol
You need an ammonia test kit. I don’t see that on the test strip. And, I’m almost positive that test strips aren’t the best way to test.

Upvote 0

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll look into those aswell. Thanks
Get the basics first. When you get into corals you’ll have to start testing for cal alk and mag. Do a ton of reading because there is a ton to know in this hobby. And be on top of things.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mogwai

Mogwai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the basics first. When you get into corals you’ll have to start testing for cal alk and mag. Do a ton of reading because there is a ton to know in this hobby. And be on top of things.

Roger that!

Upvote 0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back