Parasites on new snails

  • Thread starter Thread starter Strad12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Strad12

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2016
Messages
176
Reaction score
82
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I recently purchased some snails from a livestock collector in Florida, and they came in with these red bugs on them. I left them to acclimate for an hour and noticed these little bugs swimming near the surface of the water and put them under the microscope. As best as I can tell, they are some sort of fluke or other parasite. Does anyone know how I can get rid of them without killing the snails? I have the snails in a bucket with an air stone and haven’t added them to my system.

IMG_1767.jpeg
 
When I introduce new snails I put my finger over their hole and pore 3% Peroxide over them. Kills all critters catching a ride on their shells.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new