Patience as a virtue

kayla s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I purchased my designer clowns (mochas), I was told it would be unlikely for them to have their natural instinct for the mutualistic relationship. Even more so unlikely with RBTAs!
However, it’s been 4.5 months, and the male now feeds and sleeps in the BTA!
I didn’t use pictures or lasers or the quarantine method- just PATIENCE.
Also, if anyone has photography advice, I’d love to hear it (using iPhone Xs)

43FC6030-C512-40AC-982E-5DEC3B0F65B2.png

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Congratulations on the clowns being hosted! Some simple things I find for using an iPhone to take pictures of the tank (some you may know):
  1. Tap on the phone at the part of the image that is your subject (a fish or coral perhaps) and a little square appears there. The iPhone will focus and set the exposure for that area.
  2. For an FTS, I tap on a hot spot in the tank to set the exposure there. Sometimes I will tap a couple of spots to find which works best.
  3. iPhones struggle to shoot detail under blue light. Turn up the whites on your lights, or eliminate the blues just for taking pictures.
  4. Stop the flow for better results. I take many of my images before feeding after I turn the flow off.
  5. There is a free Photoshop iPhone app that works great for post image enhancing.

OP
OP
kayla s

kayla s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on the clowns being hosted! Some simple things I find for using an iPhone to take pictures of the tank (some you may know):
  1. Tap on the phone at the part of the image that is your subject (a fish or coral perhaps) and a little square appears there. The iPhone will focus and set the exposure for that area.
  2. For an FTS, I tap on a hot spot in the tank to set the exposure there. Sometimes I will tap a couple of spots to find which works best.
  3. iPhones struggle to shoot detail under blue light. Turn up the whites on your lights, or eliminate the blues just for taking pictures.
  4. Stop the flow for better results. I take many of my images before feeding after I turn the flow off.
  5. There is a free Photoshop iPhone app that works great for post image enhancing.
WOW! THANK YOU!!! Great advice. Didn’t even use an editing app.

F1825746-4FC1-433F-9324-4DBE4571230A.jpeg

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics, cool clowns and nem!

Even w/ tank bred and designers the instinct is still very much there, just takes a bit longer when we give unnatural host match, but glad patience prevailed!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back