OP
OP
ptrick21186

ptrick21186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about 2 weeks late but the tank is officially 1 year old! I think it's time to start getting more corals. Tank is pretty stable.

OP
OP
ptrick21186

ptrick21186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took advantage of a killer sale at World Wide Corals. Went with the mystery Montipora pack. Figured it's time to give some SPS a shot. Pack came with a Jedi Mind Trick, Red Cap, Seasons Greetings, and Frankie's Pink Rim. Unfortunately, I'm getting a spike in hair algae this week. Go figure. Tanks been super stable and then this pops up right when I start buying corals. Oh well. Did a big WC, removed some algae, turned the skimmer up a bit, and started up the carbon and GFO reactor to try and get some of the nutrients down a bit. I'll do some tests tomorrow and see where we stand and adjust as needed. Best thing right now is to just let the corals relax. Glued the frags down where I think they'll be good. A little worried though. Gluing down is so final. I'd like to be able to move them if they aren't happy. Also it's hard to plan for the future. Whatever, we'll see what happens.

OP
OP
ptrick21186

ptrick21186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SPS frags didn't make it. The Dinos are becoming a lot. Trying to turn the tide with 8lbs of ocean rock from Tampa Bay Saltwater. Rocks have been in for about 5 days now. Hopefully this will turn the tide on this battle

jcieutat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this tank/stand/sump. I changed out the return to the Varios2 and the sump to the 110-INT. I finally added the water today and I'm struggling to dial this thing in to cut down the noise. Any suggestions? Also, the water level in the display tank is about 1.75" from the top which looks ridiculous. Your pics look less than that.

OP
OP
ptrick21186

ptrick21186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this tank/stand/sump. I changed out the return to the Varios2 and the sump to the 110-INT. I finally added the water today and I'm struggling to dial this thing in to cut down the noise. Any suggestions? Also, the water level in the display tank is about 1.75" from the top which looks ridiculous. Your pics look less than that.
Sorry for the late response. Been a busy weekend with the storms. It's definitely finicky. I haven't done it yet but I would change out that ball valve that comes with it to a gate valve. It'll give you a finer adjustment. Until then it's VERY small adjustments to that valve. And I mean very. 1mm at a time then give it about 5-10min to equalize. I actually have to use 2 hands to turn it that small of an amount or I over do it. Just keep doing that until the flushing sound is gone. Also I'd turn your sump pump down as low as possible. Don't need to flow too fast

OP
OP
ptrick21186

ptrick21186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after much patience I am happy to officially say that I have beaten the Dino outbreak! Tank is looking good. Next step is to install the variable speed return pump and start looking at more corals.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back