Paul's 4 Gallon Bobbit Worm Tank!

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Call me crazy but I came across a group on facebook where someone had found a little bobbit worm (eunice) that they was giving away (instead of killing it with fire! LOL). I sent him a PM requesting the little monster, and ended up paying $15 for 2 day shipping. Decided that the 40 breeder would be a bad idea for this guy because of how tiny it is and me never knowing if it's alive or dead. There's been a little aquatop high clarity cube down at my LFS for some time and I decided to go ahead and pick it up. It's a really nice little tank. Obviously this is only temporary housing for the bobbit. This is experimental for me. I find them fascinating and have never had the chance to observe one. I'm not sure on the exact species, but it's a little red guy. The plans with this tank is macro algae. I'll have to see what I got here. So tag along this is going to be an interesting little side project.

frnXBL4.jpg

h7YEiHM.jpg

byceX4a.jpg

odMh8YM.jpg

esgHrur.jpg

aVf9FYM.jpg

@Wiz you partially inspired me here! LOL

Rufus’ goofs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks really cool!
I've been trying to convince my girlfriend to give me her flower jar for something like this. its a 2 gallon glass dry good jar.
In my mind I see us observing different pests every couple months while we dish up! :D

I hope you keep updates and let us know how this turns out for you. I'm super interested in your project. :)

OP
OP
Paul87

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I approve of this! Too few Polychaete species tanks!

Check out Leodice torquata as possible species.
Thanks I think you may be right on the ID. Can't seem to find much info on them however. I know some can prefer algae, some coral, some fish, some everything. I still haven't seen the little bugger since I gave him that little rock to retreat into and putting in the nano.

OP
OP
Paul87

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took the damsel out. Tank is just to small for it. I added some more macro algae. Something devoured the green macro I had. Possibly the worm? I did add a brittle star in to bring the creepy level up a tad. LOL. I dont think there will be an issue between the two, but we shall see. I may add a small clown goby or something before long. here are some photos. Unfortunately the worm is still not in any of them.... I also need to get some green algae going in this tank. Its so red!
gX3uR5m.jpg

v2nDwIb.jpg

epYZyPO.jpg

FTS
ZB9kiIt.jpg

OP
OP
Paul87

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After thinking the Eunice was dead he emerged showing his face again. I've seen him tiwice since adding him to this tiny tank. The tank has taken a different turn. Here is a video from yesterday. Still no footage of the Eunice, yet.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back