OP
Paul87

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok time for another quick update. I gave into buying another Anemone, a mini maxi for the right price. I was hoping it would stay near the rockflower but it made its way to my zoas so I redirected it to the other side and has sit there since. Here are some photos of the new nem and some other shots I got. Finally got a decent shot on the camera shy Orchid Dottyback.

Mini Maxi

AUesSjP.jpg

BTO6mGs.jpg

Orchid Dottyback
stuTAw3.jpg

DcB83FI.jpg

Clowns & Trachy
W7CEIFX.jpg

Rainfordi & Blasto
RXV8FK8.jpg

Female Ruby Red (Loves getting her picture taken!)
YxaIscT.jpg

My full system
mewb7Wd.jpg

OP
OP
Paul87

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, you've got one sweet little 40 breeder! Very nice! How's that rainfordi doing for you? I've got a buddy looking to get one.
Thanks! The Rainfordi has been doing fantastic! I hear the can be difficult to keep for long time but mine appears to be doing just fine. He sifts the sand often and I do enjoy having him in my tank.

OP
OP
Paul87

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are all my current anemones. They are all pretty small in size, but I have somehow acquired a small collection.

Epicystis crucifer
GKopMzR.jpg

Stichodactyla tapetum
QlzYKW0.jpg

Entacmaea quadricolor
V6nFviC.jpg

OP
OP
Paul87

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my attempt at an all 'top shot' video of my aquarium. It didn't go exactly according to plan and the movie maker cut off the edges of the video which gave it a really zoomed in look Which I wasn't going for. Here is what I came up with. :)

https://youtu.be/QGN_ebXsUPw

OP
OP
Paul87

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been real busy on the tank last few days. Got rid of some coral that I didn't just have to have to open up some more room for SPS growth. Also fragged about half of the frogpspawn. Did about a 70% rescape on the tank as well. I really llike the way things are placed now. The euphyllias are on their own island now. I also picked up 2 new acro frags and a porcelain crab. They are a purple bonsai and a white with blue tips (no ID yet). Here are some photos. Just finished mounting the frogspawn and new acros this morning.

RUGDOG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the tank drilled finally! Reused the bits that I used on my 38. Gonna be plumbing it the same exact way using the 'herbie method'. Bulkheads are in place. Just gotta paing the back glass and stand, then do some plumbing.

fxo4cUO.jpg

fWEU7pM.jpg

Y0dNlJb.jpg

Could you give me some more details on your plumbing. What you used etc. especially overflow box.
Thanks Terry

OP
OP
Paul87

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you give me some more details on your plumbing. What you used etc. especially overflow box.
Thanks Terry

Let me see here... I used 1" PVC and bulkheads for the drains, and 3/4" PVC and bulkheads for the return. The return is also fitted with a George Fischer Y-check valve. I believe I got the acrylic overflow box from an eBay seller by the bam of texasholeyrocks. I mounted it with black aquarium silicone. The size of the no was perfect for the two 1" drains. One of the drains of course is an emergency, and the other keeps a full syphon while running. The main drain had a gate valve on it to adjust accordingly to your return pump. There are alot of videos on the 'herbie method' if you want a good explanation I think BRS has one. Any particular questions you have about my plumbing/set-up?

OP
OP
Paul87

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to get rid of my torch coral due to a little chemical warfare between it and the frogspawn. I was unaware that torches cannot be placed with other euphyllias like the rest can. I traded it in for a yellow tipped hammer. Here are some pics.

Hammer
hQmRaQs.jpg

FTS
rajTzee.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back