Paul's dream tank build.

aquapaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured I would get a build thread started. I have recently moved into a new home that will allow me to do a larger tank. I am early on in the planning stages and am planning to take it slow and not rush any decisions. I am currently planning a 300+ gallon system in my basement. After thinking long and hard and sitting in the space over the last month or so I think I have landed on a 4' x 6' Peninsula tank about 28-30" tall. This will be connected to a fish room in an unfinished portion of the basement that is currently empty and large enough to handle mixing station and support tanks. There will also be an additional tank in my office located directly above the fish room so I can have the relaxation effect while I work.

I am toying with having cryptic and semi-cryptic zones as well as various dedicated tanks for Macro-algae in order to support each species needs with flow, lighting etc.

I have the mixing station planned out and soon will start building that into the support room.

Stay tuned for more to come.

OP
OP
aquapaul

aquapaul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am starting a his with my office tank to begin with. Going to be a species specific tank for a pair of maroon clownfish, bubble tip anemones, anenome crabs and shrimp. Looking to do a 40 gallon breeder with a refugium that feeds directly into the tank. Initially will have a sump and will tie it to the basement after working out some power/generator/solar designs for the larger support room.

still debating a few equipment pieces. I like the synergy and modular marine overflows but know they are extreme over kill. But the removable weir and being able to fit a bean animal would be nice to haves as it is in my office.
Also debating lights stay with the Radions that I know or try something new.
Control will be a ProfiLux 4 and most likely start adding from there and toying with the idea of the Mithras lights but don’t know many folks that use them.

Any advice would be beneficial. Return and manifold pumps will beRoyal Exclusiv and trying to make them be able to back each other up if possible for redundancy. Skimmer is Royal exclusiv as well.

Back