Pavona sweeper tentacles?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Texasreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Texasreef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 28, 2024
Messages
58
Reaction score
51
Location
houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon, I recently got this Pavona coral and seems to be doing great. I’ve noticed the last couple days what seem to be sweeper tentacles out on it (even during daytime lighting). Curious to see if this is normal?

I broadcast feed the tank once daily brine shrimp/pellets & Red Sea reef nutrition 3X a week. Are these sweeper tentacles and is it normal for them to be out during daytime cycle everyday?

0ECB9117-32D1-4FE5-AB8A-2FA49CBE4012.jpeg 973967A9-741F-4CB1-8683-6116CF204676.jpeg
 
Looks healthy to me. I will say I rarely saw my pavona's sweepers out, but the ones at my LFT often have theirs out. . . So as long as the tank is looking healthy I would not worry about it. These are pretty hard corals in my experience.
 
Never seen that in mine. Really like that coral.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new