Pc rainbow turned white on one side when lights went out

Nommarune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey new to sps. Bought some frangs and I got a bunch of free sps from the guy because he is getting out of sps. His tank is high nutrients and they were browning out. One of the free pieces and a pc rainbow acro. I dipped in zechem reefdip for 15min. All of his other parameters were pretty close to mine. I had alot and I mean alot to place in the tank and the acro looked good just browned. Lights went out and about 20 min later I have a white streak on the shadowed side of the acro. Advice?

Sg 1.026
Calc 420
Dkh 10
Mag 1400
Ph 8.4
Nitrate 5ppm
Phos 0 (I am desperately trying to get this up)
Temp 78
Lights 2x ai16hd saxbey schedule
Par at area 386- 426 during peak
Flow high flow

20210711_215903.jpg

stephj03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How fast did it happen?

Is the skin gone on the white portion? If so I would consider pulling it and superglueing over the white part.

OP
OP
Nommarune

Nommarune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happened literally with a 20 min drive to the store. Came back lights were out and it has the stripe. No flesh flaking. Looks like the other acro is doing the same on another side. I'm suspecting they were stung in the bag. But not sure. Just double checked water calc 420 dkh was 9 dosed my normal 1ml at night to bring to 10 again. Ph 8.3 salinity still 1.026 so not my parameters.

Erikhsf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey new to sps. Bought some frangs and I got a bunch of free sps from the guy because he is getting out of sps. His tank is high nutrients and they were browning out. One of the free pieces and a pc rainbow acro. I dipped in zechem reefdip for 15min. All of his other parameters were pretty close to mine. I had alot and I mean alot to place in the tank and the acro looked good just browned. Lights went out and about 20 min later I have a white streak on the shadowed side of the acro. Advice?

Sg 1.026
Calc 420
Dkh 10
Mag 1400
Ph 8.4
Nitrate 5ppm
Phos 0 (I am desperately trying to get this up)
Temp 78
Lights 2x ai16hd saxbey schedule
Par at area 386- 426 during peak
Flow high flow

20210711_215903.jpg
That's RTN it's losing flesh could be the low nutrients. If it's in front of some crazy flow could be that. But it's definitely lost it's flesh. Feed a bunch get your po4 up to .05 and your no3 to 20 all the rest of your numbers are around where mine are. I have a little higher calc

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to tell from the pic but that looks and sounds like tissue stress from pests. Bugs will do their initial damage in the shaded areas of the acros. If the tissue is “peeling and shedding” then that’s rtn and most likely would be caused by an over aggressive dip if it happened in the first 24 hours

OP
OP
Nommarune

Nommarune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to tell from the pic but that looks and sounds like tissue stress from pests. Bugs will do their initial damage in the shaded areas of the acros. If the tissue is “peeling and shedding” then that’s rtn and most likely would be caused by an over aggressive dip if it happened in the first 24 hours
This eventually colored back up and held nicely till my p04 spiked dramatically. so there is that.

Back