Pea Puffers + Neon Tetras?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Manimal
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Manimal

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2024
Messages
9
Reaction score
3
Location
Guadalupe
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m mainly a saltwater person but I’d like to get into freshwater tanks a little more. I was looking at doing a 10 gallon tank with 7-9 neon tetras with 2-3 Pea puffers. It would definitely have some vegetation, driftwood and I’m thinking river rocks as a substrate. I think everything should mostly be fine but I’m most worried about the pea puffers bullying the neon tetras. What do you guys think?
 
I’m mainly a saltwater person but I’d like to get into freshwater tanks a little more. I was looking at doing a 10 gallon tank with 7-9 neon tetras with 2-3 Pea puffers. It would definitely have some vegetation, driftwood and I’m thinking river rocks as a substrate. I think everything should mostly be fine but I’m most worried about the pea puffers bullying the neon tetras. What do you guys think?
I think it’s a tad small of a tank to have that many fish and not expect some bullying behavior from the puffers.

I would just do 2-3 puffers in a 10 gal, especially since they run the water afoul.

Maybe a 30 gallon would work better for your intended stocking list
 
I’m mainly a saltwater person but I’d like to get into freshwater tanks a little more. I was looking at doing a 10 gallon tank with 7-9 neon tetras with 2-3 Pea puffers. It would definitely have some vegetation, driftwood and I’m thinking river rocks as a substrate. I think everything should mostly be fine but I’m most worried about the pea puffers bullying the neon tetras. What do you guys think?
I think it’s a tad small of a tank to have that many fish and not expect some bullying behavior from the puffers.

I would just do 2-3 puffers in a 10 gal, especially since they run the water afoul.

Maybe a 30 gallon would work better for your intended stocking list
Ok thanks. I’ll look into one.
 
I’m mainly a saltwater person but I’d like to get into freshwater tanks a little more. I was looking at doing a 10 gallon tank with 7-9 neon tetras with 2-3 Pea puffers. It would definitely have some vegetation, driftwood and I’m thinking river rocks as a substrate. I think everything should mostly be fine but I’m most worried about the pea puffers bullying the neon tetras. What do you guys think?
I think it’s a tad small of a tank to have that many fish and not expect some bullying behavior from the puffers.

I would just do 2-3 puffers in a 10 gal, especially since they run the water afoul.

Maybe a 30 gallon would work better for your intended stocking list
Ok thanks. I’ll look into one.
P.S. if anyone has other opinions I’d still love to here them
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new