"Peaceful" fish that are actually pretty mean!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
54,879
Reaction score
122,571
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There are charts, books, and info regarding what fish are peaceful and which ones are aggressive. In your experience what are some described "peaceful" fish that are actually pretty mean?

Untitled-2-4_zps7c8fabd7.jpg
 
Last edited:
any fish that is hungry or near its piece of the reef becomes aggressive
 
I have many people come in with a fish in a bag or a bucket that they wanted out of their tank but there is no question that Clowns are the most common fish. That is at least partially due to the fact that it is probably the most common/popular family of fish. We have had clowns that would draw blood on a frequent basis. Some of them verge on evil.
 
What about "reef safe"? I had a black Midas Benny I named Mr Hanky. He would constantly pick on my sps.
 
Every Clown should be named Cujo! I had 1 Occy that actually jumped out of the water and latched onto my hand, drew blood! He now resides in a friends tank :)


Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new