Peaceful reef fish suggestions

  • Thread starter Thread starter RWhitt907
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RWhitt907

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2023
Messages
405
Reaction score
190
Location
Alaska
What state or country do you live in
Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a current stocking list of 1 Bangaii Cardinal, 2 Oscellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Algae Blenny, 1 Green Chromis, 1 Midas Blenny and 1 Royal Gramma.

I plan on adding a pair of Mandarins, along with a Yasha Goby/Pistol Shrimp and a Naoko Wrasse.

Any other suggestions on small reef safe guys to add? I've pretty much given up on Tangs/high end stuff.

Edit* this is in a 75g display
 
Not sure about 2 mandarins. I read mixed things. One, of course, totally fine.
 
The two mandarins are fine as long as its a male and a female! Also make sure youre dosing/cultivating pods (whichever you chose) to make sure they have lots to eat!
 
The two mandarins are fine as long as its a male and a female! Also make sure youre dosing/cultivating pods (whichever you chose) to make sure they have lots to eat!
I plan on buying them as a designated pair, I've also got a 10 gallon copepod culture I've had running for a while
 
I have 3 zebra dart gobies, they are fun to watch and do school (in their own weird way) lol and peaceful
 
I plan on buying them as a designated pair, I've also got a 10 gallon copepod culture I've had running for a while
Perfect! Might want to ask @Slocke and @i cant think about the wrasse (if it would compete with the dragonets for food)
 
Not sure about 2 mandarins. I read mixed things. One, of course, totally fine.
I would buy them as a designated pair once I get them, rather than accidently getting two males or females
 
Perfect! Might want to ask @Slocke and @i cant think about the wrasse (if it would compete with the dragonets for food)
I'm sure there would be some competition but with constant harvesting from a 10 gallon culture I'm sure I would be able to support all of the fish. I have seen a few of the zebra darts around. Not sure if I'll get one or not. I really like the scissortails
 
I would buy them as a designated pair once I get them, rather than accidently getting two males or females
They are not too hard to sex actually.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new