Pearl Bubble Tip Placement and Flow Advice

Thomas Jedlicka

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2020
Messages
345
Reaction score
328
Location
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everybody,

I have a pearl bubble that ive had for maybe 9 months now. Has had okay growth but ive been playing with placement. I had it on the sandbed with low flow for maybe 8 months. A few weeks ago I moved it to mid rock work with medium flow. This is the most ive seen its sweepers. Does this coral look happy? It is extended and its mouths are frequently visible. Where as most videos of other pearl’s i see they are a little more balled up. But this is the most ive seen for polyp extension and flesh coverage for my own coral.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2312.mov
    28.8 MB
Your flow doesn't look too bad. Maybe a little strong which could be why it's tentacles are out. I'm far from an expert but have managed to keep mine alive for 10 years. Mine doesn't extend it's tentacles very often and its usually at night and I assumed it's feeding. They will reach out and attack other coral but i don't see any that close to yours. I wonder if it's hungry? I haven't fed mine directly in years but when it was small I used to give it a squirt of pe mysis once in a while and it would feed.

Mine gets enough flow to make it wiggle back and forth.

 
Your flow doesn't look too bad. Maybe a little strong which could be why it's tentacles are out. I'm far from an expert but have managed to keep mine alive for 10 years. Mine doesn't extend it's tentacles very often and its usually at night and I assumed it's feeding. They will reach out and attack other coral but i don't see any that close to yours. I wonder if it's hungry? I haven't fed mine directly in years but when it was small I used to give it a squirt of pe mysis once in a while and it would feed.

Mine gets enough flow to make it wiggle back and forth.


Thats a great looking bubble. I spot feed pe mysis once every other week or so. Always takes to food. Extension is better than it was before so not sure if good or bad. My thought was as it fills out it may show the mouth less. I have a small disco mushroom maybe 2-3 inches below which i may relocate but they havent had issue the last few weeks
 
Doing a little reading I think ours may be different types. Mine is branching and has several mouths. I believe yours is what's called wall or walling which have a single mouth. I have no idea if care requirements are different but I wouldn't think so. Hopefully some others will stop by and offer they're oppinions.
 
Doing a little reading I think ours may be different types. Mine is branching and has several mouths. I believe yours is what's called wall or walling which have a single mouth. I have no idea if care requirements are different but I wouldn't think so. Hopefully some others will stop by and offer they're oppinions.
My bubble does have two mouths. Started out as one and has produced a second. I was unaware there were different types past bubble vs pearl bubble. I will definitely look into it!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new