Pectinia scare

  • Thread starter Thread starter GzO
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GzO

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2021
Messages
33
Reaction score
17
Location
Edinburg
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening R2R, just had a bit of a scare yesterday. Before water change noticed space invader pectinia swollen at the base with it's, what I think we're it's mesenterial filaments, kinda sticking out. Got water samples for testing then immediately did water change. Nitrates were pretty high. About two hours after WC, it was looking normal again. Today looks great. Before, during and after incident pics

20211104_092700.jpg 20211121_195621.jpg 20211122_185017.jpg 20211122_185310.jpg
 
Funny I clicked on this thread......

I was in an LFS in upstate NY the other day, and I swear to god that same frag was in that LFS! Same size, shape, and color, I dang near bought it, but walked out with a couple fish instead.

Pretty sure it's not as your not even in the US, let alone NY!

Nice looking pectinia!
 
Looks much better than the one I have that the stupid snails sheared off at the base...
What kind of snail sheared off your pectinia?

Funny I clicked on this thread......

I was in an LFS in upstate NY the other day, and I swear to god that same frag was in that LFS! Same size, shape, and color, I dang near bought it, but walked out with a couple fish instead.

Pretty sure it's not as your not even in the US, let alone NY!

Nice looking pectinia!
Thanks! I picked it up in San Antonio early September. I've seen a few others around, quite a bit bigger too. Excited to see how big it gets in my tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new