Peer to Peer: Buying Corals, Fish and other Livestock?

Buying livestock from other hobbyists....(NOT STORES)

• I prefer Reef2Reef

Votes: 132 27.5%
  • I prefer other Social Media

Votes: 51 10.6%
  • I prefer other forums

Votes: 21 4.4%
  • I prefer my local club

Votes: 166 34.6%
  • Other

Votes: 110 22.9%

• Total voters

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I don't do much on FB since its like the wild west, I have a dedicated IG account (check me out- 'littlebigreef' !) where I meet, trade, and sell with a lot of folks. It's also a good way to share the hobby, you can actually see my body of work and everything I've done since I started the account 4-5 years ago. Craigslist use to be good but there's a few local guys that create a post for each coral they have and then auto renew the post effectively burying your post on the second or third page (perhaps one of the most d!ckish moves IMO). I know many of the local guys so we always talk when something new is available or to coordinate group buys. But, far and away, r2r has been the best. I've been able to find some of the true gems of my collection on here and I appreciate the other members that make that possible- so THANKS!!! I prefer r2r because its a community and people come here not just to look at stuff for sale but also to contribute to the forums. There is a difference there. And I've seen bad actors get ferreted out pretty quickly.

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer to see the coral in person before I buy it. I would buy more on R2R if there were more decent budget friendly items for sale. I dont need HW, Bounces, JB's or the next big fad coral and for the most part the marketplace is always full of "out of my budget" corals.

However I really enjoy buying from the live sales here.

Queue the "Here are cheap corals right now in the marketplace...." reply

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 85 67.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back