Pencil urchin care

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2020
Messages
1,352
Reaction score
665
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pincushion urchin currently and i basically trained him to whever hes hungry just go up to the top of the water and i give him seaweed. I just went to the store and picked up a pencil urchin that i felt bad for cause he was in the tank with another dead one. He was only 15 bucks. How do i feed him seaweed, will he have a mouth like my pincushion? Or will he eat my clownfishes leftover food?
 
Same way, though training success can vary. When I had a bunch of urchins in my smaller tanks I'd rubberband seaweed to some small flat rocks. They were pretty adept at locating and scavenging it in short order.
Sick dude. I love my pincushion, hes bright white and basically like a dog, lots of personality and ive trained him.
 
I miss my green urchin. It would actually haul rocks with seaweed up to its lair since it was too lazy to move down to feast on it.
rest in piece dude, mine doesn’t really have a lair but that sounds awesome.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new